Monday, December 15, 2014

Infinite pew pew is out. So, what's next?

Hello everybody!.

After the long wait from Microsoft, the game got certificated and it's finally in the windows phone marketplace. It's good to know that fragmentation doesn't exist on Windows Phone. This is my first app/game that hit the virtual shelfs so i didn't know a shit about this. I just thought that things here were like in Android's; That you have to create an app for each Android version and that really put a scare on me, because i thought the game wouldn't pass the certificacion process and a port with Monogame didn't look like something that could happen in a short time period, but everything went damn well and i'm fucking, fucking , fucking, thankfull ........ & excited.

I really feel this project as a personal achievement because it's my first BIG game to hit the virtual shelfs. Well, everything is good up to that point, because nobody knows a shit about my game, hell!!, people don't even know about it's existence.

So what's next?.

I present to you my marketing plan, (this time made the right way, not like the crappy ass that i did a month ago.) .Drumroll, please...


In the next days i will be posting about this new journey so it can be useful for other newbies (like me), so the new section will be called "Marketing Log".

Let me translate my hieroglyphs in the picture for you:

1.- I'm gonna start off with a new trailer. Short, and that shows off the value proposition of the game 
2.- Landing page: Minimalist & pretty; That focuses solely on one idea: "Dude, get the fucking game".
3.- Press kit.
4.- Send letters to press, mostly windows phone bloggers and youtubers, obviously with a free copy of the game.
5.- Dig into game dev forums and talk about the game: twitter, reddit, monogame , facebook. hell!, even gamejolt.


No comments:

Post a Comment